Isn't this a colorful January meal?
Ever get tired of plain old sandwiches? Try something new! Use collard greens or purple cabbage leaves as wraps! (or green cabbage, red cabbage, leaf lettuce, butter lettuce...etc!) It's a great way to get more green leafy vegetables in your diet without having a salad at every meal.
Collard greens work especially well for this, as they are really tough. Just cut whole collard greens along their stems, and use each half of the leaf as a wrap. Cabbage leaves can easily be cut to size with a kitchen shears. Fill with your favorite fillings, roll, tuck, and its's wrap!
Some filling ideas include:
- other bean dips
- nut butter (mix with some Thai red curry paste and coconut oil!)
- lemon-tahini-garlic sauce
- raw vegetables
- raw goat cheese
- fresh herbs
- yesterday's leftovers! ;)
- If you eat eggs... try a leaf wrap instead of a tortilla for huevos rancheros
- Your usual taco ingredients