Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Year's Health Resolutions


Did you know... that the vast majority of New Year's resolutions people make are typically health-related? Eat healthier, Lose Weight, Exercise More. How about you? Well, we are now one week into 2010! How are you doing so far?

Even though I am already on a rather healthy diet (raw food, organic, vegan) due to a chronic health condition, I still have certain goals for improving my diet, lifestyle, and health for this upcoming year.

Kimi, over at The Nourishing Gourmet is hosting a Nourishing New Year's Resolutions Carnival, and this is my contribution:

My {Health} New Year's Resolutions for 2010:
1. Drink plenty of water = 1/2 my weight in ounces per day.
2. Refrain from eating after dinner/ try to finish eating by 6:00 pm. (This is helpful for getting restful sleep, and in your body's detoxification process through the night)
3. Limit my dependence on nuts and dried fruit for snacks, opting instead for water-rich fresh fruits and vegetables.
4. Go to bed earlier: 10:00 bedtime.
5. Work out at Anytime Fitness at least 3 times a week for at least one hour at a time.
6. Get fresh air~ go cross-country skiing, hiking, snowshoeing... get outside as often as I can (preferably when the temperatures are above zero!)

View other contributions (or add your own!) HERE.  ...Or post below!

Incidently, the fruit salad above is a simple combination of the following:
starfruit, persimmon, pomegranate seeds, and unsweetened dessicated coconut. Enjoy for breakfast, a snack, or a healthy dessert!

2 comments:

  1. I'm curious as to why "dessicated" coconut? You've mentioned it a couple of times, and I'd not heard of it until you mentioned it. - Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Dessicated" simply refers to dried instead of fresh coconut. Anyway, "dessicated" is simply what it says on the container.

    ReplyDelete